Re: [VAL] What's that??

Sounds like a wire wound resistor rated at 1.5 (What scale of the Ohms
meter you can find out if you have a tester). If it has a slider or some
way to tap into the wire at differing points it could be adjustable.
Chances are looking up "Mallory 1HJ" will give the exact specifications.
(My parts books are all not accessible at this time).

Online I could not find the exact part but:
http://www.loadparts.com/Catalog/1/4559.htm
lists several - it may be that a part of the number has rubbed off. Any
inexpensive Volt / Ohms meter should be able to give a reading providing
it is not broken.

Bob
SW Florida USA