Re: [VAL] Awning

    Eddie,

    I9m not saying that at tall.  Zip Dee is well and thriving in Elk Grove
IL  What I was trying to say is that if you buy a Zip Dee awning assembly
today, the cast aluminum end caps (the ones the roller is between), have
adhesive-backed red aluminized stickers that read Zip Dee.

    The ones available in 1969 had the logo cast into those heads and were
hand painted red.

    As the story goes from one of the staff there I spoke with on the
subject, one older gentleman did the hand painting of these caps.  He up and
died and nobody else wanted to do the tedious painting, so they redesigned
the casting to be smooth in place of the logo in relief, and had these
stickers made instead.

    The Zip Dee you buy today will be identical to mine in every respect,
save the logo in relief.  Contact them and ask your questions, they9ll have
good answers for you and will make exactly what you need.

    Regards,

    Glyn