Re: [VAL] Tail light wiring for my '69.

Hi Glyn,

The easiest way, but not very easy, is to go in from the back.  If you
have a rear bath, then it is a horrible job.  If you have a bed there,
drill out enough rivets in the inside skin to see in there.

Or, see if you can pry the black can out. Dunno if that is possible.  My
rear cans are so rusted on the bottom that I could pull the wire  and
the socket right out, and get to the wires.  I replaced one socket and
will have to do the other, this in my backups which apparently were
pretending to be aquariums for a while.

On the other hand, since it is easy and cheap to do, replace the
pigtail, both connectors and the plug in the front.  I had a lot of
electrical mysteries until I did that.  There is no virtue in old
corroded connections and pigtails that may have been pinched. one of the
connectors looked OK from the outside, but was completely eaten away inside.

Daisy '73 Ambassador