Re: [VAL] Wheel size

Chuck,

The wheel size is 15" x 6".  I bought one for the '60 Pacer from a local
company called Tire and Rim Service.  The counter man commented that
they keep that size in stock because it was used on 1950's Chevy pickup
trucks and there are still a lot of them around.

R J Dial has a lot of good information on this subject in his FAQ file
http://www.vintageairstream.com/FAQ/FAQ_9.html

Take a good look at the wheels before you have the tires mounted because
quality assurance is not what it should be in the aftermarket wheel
industry.  I used the original wheels on our '60 Pacer--all they needed
was sandblasting and painting--but bought one for a spare.  The tire
shop told me they couldn't balance it.  When I investigated the reason
was obvious--the inner piece (with the bolt circle) was so crooked in
the rim that it was obvious to the naked eye.  There was an inch of
side-to-side runout at the tire tread.  Tire and Rim Service swapped it
for another with the comment that they were seeing a lot of that sort of
thing lately.

I used 7.00x15 LT tires on the Pacer (here again, my local tire store
had them in stock) but I would also recommend the radials.

Good luck,

John & Barb Sellers
WBCCI/VAC #1587
1960 Pacer (for sale)