[VAL] Electrical question

Hello all,
The on/off rotary switch on one of the wall sconces over my front couch ('56
Caravanner) finally gave up the ghost today. When I disassembled it, I found
that it is probably original. The connections to the trailer wiring were
beautiful little funnel-shaped metal springs that were obviously machine
placed (since they were incredibly tight and clean). They almost looked like
wirenuts but without the plastic cover. They were wrapped with electrical
tape. I had to, regretfully, cut the wires to remove the fixture.
What sort of wire connectors should I use to replace them? The wire is
stranded copper.
Thanks,
Brian