[VAL] Trailer Savfety

      For those interested.
      Herb Quade, wrote an article in the Blue Beret this month on safety,
related to the tow bar and hitch ball replacement after 100000 miles. While
I haven't towed my vintage trailer that much. I like to hang my ball and
head on my trailer when at a campsite. Some time ago, I did this, and after
cliping the ball, I turned it to the side to prevent folks from hitting it.
Well, it fell out of the trailer tonuge onto the ground.  I ordered a
coupler repair kit and solved the problem.

    I have now idea how  many miles my trailer has been towed. Some tow
without the use of weight distribution system, which aids in keeping the
ball and coupler in constant contact.

     Those with more towing experience might wish to add their comments to
this subject.