Re: [VAL] Re: carrier A/C Heat pump

Oliver,
Thanks. Were on the same page with fundamentals and efficiency. Removal of
heat is relative to ambient outside temperature and the heat pump is air
conditioning, not refrigeration and has it's range limits. I did not read
those specs at
http://www.transportaircon.carrier.com/Files/Bus/Local/US-en/T298.pdf which
I should (embarrassed) remember but they must fall between 32 and 42 degrees
ambient because air conditioners cannot operate at or below change of state.

I bought the Carrier (four of them) and have been extremely pleased. I
bought the 13500 BTU units. I also see modern times and competition have the
other brands producing units. I wonder if Hunter's is one of those or what I
presumed was vintage Airstream?

I can see a viable use for the heat pump, especially if I was in an RV park
and not metered. With the cost of propane it would certainly be a viable
alternative.

Thank you.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX