[VAL] Re: Carrier heat pump

Wow

This one woke up some real discussion :)

The heat strip upgrade was about 48.00 so I went for it....Its a suptle heat
but affective at holding the trailer at a warm temp but does takes along time
from COLD to get toasty.
My furnace quit along time ago but I do also have one of those wonderfull
radiant units by the door and can keep me quite cozy.

AZ is not az dry as everyone in the rest of the world thinks it is.
We have pine forests that can get as humid as anywere else and when we go to
Mexico and are by the water its VERY humid and thats were mine drips down the
side!
Its NEVER stained....it's pretty mutch like distilled water!

I think all those extra bells an whistles on the carrier are nonsense but the
price was right 500.00 TO MY DOOR and having a "CARRIER" on the roof makes me
all warm and fuzzy!

I hated that flexible connector when I assembled it but got throught it and
have been over all pleased!

This is the 1st A/S out of all 10 that have crossed my RV slab that I ever
had to replace the A/C unit. Those old energy sucking armstrongs go forever.
The one on the 65 looked hand made, ran like a dream and was very quiet!

If I didnt have the radiant gas unit I would have got the heat pump but just
didnt feel I needed it and bfr all you chicken littles chime it....
The radiants are GREAT when used responsibly by responsible adults!

Cheers and happy camping.

AlanT, Mesa, AZ
79 Rear bed International