Re: [VAL] 1953 Cruiser Potable water tank and more questions.

Warren,

Like was said earlier, your tank is most likely aluminum. It is also likely
that it has pinhole leaks on the underside. I would pull it out to check. If
you see any small white spots on the underside then it is leaking. If not,
you have your choice to replace or to sanitize (bleach) and use. If your
trailer has an on-board air pump, that is also to pressurize the water tank.
There will be a small copper line leading from the pump to the water fill
tube, and a wall mounted switch to opperate it. My paperwork shows that the
grover pump was factory set to maintain 30 to 50 psi. I would keep the
pressure under 40 psi given its age.

As for your running/tail lights. I am assuming that the reason you want to
replace the wiring is that the lights don't work. Chances are the wiring is
not the problem, but the light sockets,  the grounds, or the wiring plugs.
The wires run in the belly pan before going up to each light. My 60 used all
red wires for the exterior lights. They knotted the wire near the plug at
the front. A different number of knots was used for each circuit.

Scott
1960 Overlander 26 foot