Re: [VAL] latches on GTs

Thank you Brad.

What you describe seems exactly what I was trying to describe. I assume this
was in your 59 Trade Wind? Do you know if the white ones you got were from a
Silver Streak? Were the white ever used in AS if you know?

Is indeed very hard now to find, and they seemed to me to be a very good
latch. The design is not likely to fail without user help, even with the
normal road vibrations and movements. The design drawback is the requirement
of exact alignment position so loose hinge screws need to be monitored. I
chose to make sure my cabinet doors latching side rests on a nylon support
shim at the bottom so as to keep all vibration, etc. loads off the latch
during travel.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX