Re: [VAL] 80s-era Airstream plumbing?

    John,

    Having replaced several lengths of burst copper in our 1969 Caravel with
PEX and Sharkbite fittings, I would wager that you could do the same with
the black material you have would probably work if it's the same diameter of
1/2" rigid copper pipe such as used in a home.

    Go to the Cash Acme web site and see for yourself how easy it is to use.
http://www.cashacme.com/prod_sharkbite.php

    Heck, if in doubt, yank out the area of offending black stuff and
replace it all with PEX.

    Go for it and let us know how it comes out.  Why not take pictures and
offer them to all, back channel?

    Regards,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508