[VAL] VAL Digest V3 #734

  Scott, we use Farmer's Insurance on coverage for everything.  When we
added the Airstreams, we just told them what we valued them at. Even though
I was verbally assured of storage coverage, when our 1969 was vandalized,
the only payment (above our deductible) was for stolen items, generator,
etc. and this was on our house policy.  There was NO payment for what it
cost to make the Overlander whole again. What they say and what they do are
two different things. I have spent a lot of time seeking other insurance
companies who would insure our Airstreams and have come up with nothing
better.
Maybe someone can speak up who has had experience with a claim for damage to
their vintage. Or maybe an insurance exec could speak up.
  You need to get all the documentation ahead of time on the value of your
Vintage Airstream.  The insurance industry seems to only deal with
depreciated values and that doesn't apply to us.

Remember Rudy Valles' Tradewind after last years International Rally.

Rachel Hughey (and Martin)