Re: [VAL] PEX the problem with PEX - past tense, maybe

    Oliver and all,

    I wonder if you aren't right in that the PEX has been reformulated?

    My wife sold her parents home last October and since then I've been
driving by photographing the new home that's being built in its place.  At
one point before the slab floor had been poured, that central manifold was
evident within the heart of the first floor plan with its red lines leading
every which way on the first and second floors.

    This suggests to me that it's now OK to use the stuff in new
construction, remodeling and our Airstreams, etc.

    Although not under constant pressure, the installation I did in our
Caravel has been there for several years with no sign of cold flow creep or
leaking of any sort.  In my book, it's waaay cool stuff to work with and
use.

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508
    Santa Monica, CA