Re: [VAL] PEX colors!

Hi, Am learning a lot from all of you. The big hardware store I went to does
not stock, but orders bunches of the PEX and fittings for plumbers, so they
said. Said new homes and retro fitting homes and supposed to last longer,
less freeze potential, and whiz for labor cost which he said plumbers just
pocket usually so margin is greater. Especially great he said for wall
fishing, attic crawls, eave down-turns, etc. We have pretty strict building
codes and inspections (uh, pay-offs) so I suppose that means it is code ok
here.

I am sure that with careful measuring I will still make bunches of trips so
I don't want to figure an order like he'd want, plus I'd like to see, feel,
touch, taste, etc., especially the fittings. I like the idea of red color
for hot. That sure would make running it and later id convenient. I wonder
how red it is? Like the idea of some transparency to see flow etc. I will
try the Lowe's thing at a different location.

How can the same PEX stand hot water from the water heater? Doesn't it get
soft etc.?

Are the fittings and the line going to both be marked PEX and are there copy
cats that I need to be wary of?
-Eddie-
Houston, TX