Re: [VAL] PEX

    Eddie,

    Others have addressed availability and tube color. I want you to know
about the fantastic Cash Acme Shark Bite fittings I was introduced to a few
years ago when partially replumbing our 1969 Caravel.  Tight spaces
prevented me from using tools to tighten the end fittings on the copper tube
I was attempting to use so I was persuaded to try PEX and these fittings by
my next door neighbor, a retired plumber.

    Like the proverbial Camel ad, now that I've switched, I'll never go
back.  And as far as color coding the tube is concerned, I can't imagine it
making that much of a difference within a single trailer where all the runs
can be visually traced from source to end.

    Go to this link and see for yourself what Shark Bite fittings do and how
darned easy they are to use, no tools, no heat, no glues, no cure time.
Just push and play.  They're O-ring sealed and can be reused a zillion
times.  http://www.cashacme.com/prod_sharkbite.php

    Go for it,

    Glyn