[VAL] PEX

Ok, I am convinced and need to know....When using pex, are the hot and cold
lines the same material and color or are they like pvc cold and cpvc hot?
Cannot find pex at hardware store or Loews n Depot. Where do I buy? Surely
in 4th largest city someone has on the shelf?

In hydraulic (forklift) business, I can buy hose and fittings I just shove
on, incredible holding pressure and no clamps needed. Same with my propane
installs for the LPG and the coolant intercooler lines. So is PEX like that,
fittings and hopefully valves needing no clamps? Can the fittings stand
direct connect to the water heater or do I need brass spacing away from the
direct heat?

I am ready to do a complete replumbing. Are there fittings to get me to the
fixtures such as sinks, shower, toilet, holding tank?

Thank you all in advance.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX