No Subject

> $20k, I wish.... but then again, how many 58 Sovereign of the Roads you see
> on the road.  Not many.  Daisy, Zoe' says I you can have me on your show for
> an Airstream Intervention...cause she is riding with me to Florida next
> weekend to get our 54 Safari..
>
> Rob

Rob,

When I first read this I thought you were rejecting the figure as too high
and then realized you wished it could be that low. This could be my own
denial figure coming into play, as I have not completely totaled the
receipts for the finished project. There are the items that I needed to do
and then there are the things I wanted to do above the basic operating
necessities. When one gets to the fun stuff it can be difficult to stop.

All of it is worth it when done well. I check your progress on your Blog
weekly and the SOTR looks great.  None of us want OUR, Vintage Thunder, to
turn into a Vintage BLUNDER. So what to do about all of these
disembowelments of vintage units going on as of late?

Dr. DAZE, with her magic pen needs to write a forward letter of
Recommendation to all new Vintage Owners on the DO's and Don'ts in the first
year of ownership. This should be the first thing a newbie sees when going
to the VAC Webpage. R.J. Dial covers this subject very well and I credit him
for saving my trailer from ME.

This could read like a case study of the successes and failures of the
Extreme Makeover craze, and highlight the end results like added weight,
added cost, loss of vintage value, and unnecessary techy stuff that are in
vogue now. All adding up to a trailer that only the owner may love.or not.

Like I said before, there are always exceptions. There are successful
Extreme Makeovers, but they seem to be creating a whole new class of travel
trailer. Dare I say Upper Class. The Celebrity attraction to Airstreams can
be fun to watch, and profitable for rebuilders, but the everyman that sees
this and guts his vintage is in for a big surprise when the circular
rotating bed he saw on TV won't fit through the door. How'd they do that in
one week? Oh, It cost 120K!

Brings you back to why we were attracted to Vintage in the first place.

Gary