Re: [VAL] Gutting Airstreams (was Local treasures)

Hi Grumpy:
	I know in my case it was a matter of being stupid and not doing my
homework. I naively took the word (someone I thought I knew) of
someone I knew, and bought my trailer sight unseen. It was either
misrepresented OR simply an innocent difference of judgement as to
what "good" "clean" meant to each of us. Then, of course if the unit
is truly in crummy shape (judgement of new owner), you're left with
trying to resell to some other poor smuck or take the gut-and-go
route. My choice. Although I did reinforce the original frame quite a
bit but with the new interior, a tiny little voice in my head
sometimes whispers "Overloaded?" to me when I get rambunctious in
driving. I do think that modern engineering is better that the old
stuff however and at least had enough sense to keep all the guts and
redistributed to those souls would choose to restore rather than
rebuild. I think you're correct on the price of redoing, having spent
about $20K to rebuild a $7 K trailer. Throwing good money after bad
comes to mind but no one twisted my arm. It has only taken me 3 yrs to
come around to this point.
Jo Ann