Re: [VAL] CF bulbs

At 12:03 AM 1/31/2008, you wrote:
>  Thin Light dual tube
>typically consumes about 1.5 to 2.5 watts, depending on which of the
>available brightness of tube type you choose. That is almost 33 times less
>battery drain. An LED light with 43 LED's in a super flux will require less
>than 1/4 of one watt, a drain on the battery at the least of 200 times less.

If you are referring to the 12 volt flouresent lights  shouldn't this
be   1.5 to 2.5 Amps which is 18 to 30 watts.??  Likewise a 1/4
amp  or more on the 43 LED array??  I have measured the current on
the the flouresent
lights.  LED current will depend on the selected LED but  .02 amps
each seems to be a common number.
at that current that would be about 50 LED per amp which is 12
watts  at 12 volts.  This would include the power lost in the
dropping resistors.  Since I came late to the party perhaps I missed
something and am wrong.

Rick Davis  1602