[VAL] Re: Awnings

I'm jealous of anyone who (1) could even FIND a vintage awning, much less
(2) make it fit. I searched somewhat half-heartedly for one for my 66
Caravel, and ended up taking the easy route: a sailcloth & pole awning from
JC Whitney for next to nothing. Had to cut it down from 10' to 8' and
install a new grommet after the wife sewed it back together. Looks fine
(altho the stripes run counter to authenticity...) and will last as long as
I do. Came with a rail and ropes etc. for $125 including a storage bag.

Tony in Sonora