[VAL] mystery trailer

> Dan,
>
> You really are not giving us much to go on. Do you
> have a picture? I am
> thinking that the number stamped on the frame is a
> serial number. I am not
> familiar with Airstream using this format for serial
> numbers. Perhaps its an
> Avion?
>
> Scott

  It's definately an Airstream. I'd go more with the
Story Corp vein, but it's too short. The NASA unit
appeared to be pre '66 from the window design. I was
able to make out writing "Bob Settles, representative
of.." I'll post some pix after the T'day madness is
over.
  It gets even better. I was perusing Mr Dial's
pictures and noticed that the trailer is assembled
using a front end cap w/ tail lights on the rear as
well as the front.  It had three windows across the
rear at one time. Also, the skin in the center portion
appears to be a different alloy than the end caps as
it's weathered to a duller shade.
  The 19ft length is correct for a Globetrotter but
the door has been moved forward into the side window
area and another axle was added. I suppose it could be
a cut down Safari.
  DanG
   Old trucks,
     Old trailers,
  The numbers (LD2) on the tongue corespond to '72
Globetrotter and Safari partial serial #'s. I'll be
among several other silver twinkies this week end.
I'll look and see if any others have numbers stamped
onthe tongue