Re: [VAL] naughty pilot light

Daisy,

I was having the same problem a couple of years ago. The water heater worked
just fine, but the pilot would not stay lit. Whenever there was a wind it
would blow out. I assumed it was a bad air mixture or a faulty thermocouple.
It turned out that the new regulator installed the prior year was not
properly adjusted. It was not allowing enough pressure through to the
appliances. Prior to the adjustment all the gas appliances worked, but I did
notice that the flame on the stovetop burner was not as tall as it used to
be. Now its tall again and the water heater stays lit. I even think that the
refrigerator works better now as well.

Scott