Re: [VAL] History

I have an advertising brochure for my '78 argosy that touts it's light
weight and thus saves gas while towing and can be towed with smaller cars.

My Argosy has one of the test features that was not adopted by Airstream -
The floor is aluminum. Actually is is two aluminum plates with 1" of
Styrofoam sandwiched between them.

This turned out to be not such a great idea. The floor sags a bit and flexes
when you walk on it. It can also sweat at times. You also have 1" "ribs"
that cover the joints between the floor plates so the floor isn't smooth and
limits floor covering options.

Dave