Re: [VAL] WBCCI vision for the future?

Hey Scott,

  The future of the club has already started. Just look at which units are
growing and how they are operating with both vintage and newer model owners
as an integral part of a new culture.

  The formula for success is in two parts, culture and product. These successful
units are informal camping organizations using their trailers for outdoor
recreation in a family oriented environment. If someone attends a unit function
that isn't any fun, they will cease to be interested. The trend appears to be,
if there are no families, the unit has no way to market itself and no long term
potential for growth!

  The rigid formality of the present club structure will continue to see the club
decline. No amount of senior management run committees will change this.

  A corporate trend toward non motorized product, with lower GVWR and the ability
to be towed by light trucks and smaller SUVs brings the purchase of an Airstream
within reach of many middle income families.When the management of our club aligns
the culture of the WBCCI with the marketing strategy of Airstream there will be
significant growth because the product will be used in line with the design!

  An IBT sanctioned subcommittee is not going to change the direction of the club
any more than a committee to allow SOB's in! Change will come from the bottom up!
I just hope we don't lose the audience before the show is over!

  WAM
  Past Prez VAC