[VAL] DC power mystery

I have a 68 Caravel that I just completed, if that's possible, with a
new AGM battery. First time we used the trailer was with no hookups.
One night, for no obvious reason, the DC-powered lights inside went
off.  It was odd. Since it seemed to happen when I turned on one of
the front lights while a few overheads were on, I thought a breaker
may have gone off due to my rewiring.  Checked the breakers. Nothing.
Wiggled wires, nothing.  About an hour later without any one turning
on/off anything, the lights came back on. It did the same thing the
next night, but no lights were turned on when the lights went out.
This time it lasted longer...lights came on around 3 am. Second time I
used the trailer, we had AC-power hookups, and had no problem.  Today,
at home, I just had the same problem as happened on the first trip..
Had it plugged into the house, but not on. Walked in and went to turn
on the DC-powered lights, and it wouldn't work. None worked. Turned on
the AC power in the house to send AC to the trailer, and the DC lights
worked fine as did the plugs. The battery appears to be fine. Does
anyone have any advice to solve my mystery?
Ken