Re: [VAL] Wheel advice

Yes, Yes, a thousand times yes. I doubt very much that they are the
original tires, but here's how to tell:

On the tire there is a 4 digit number prefixed with MFG or DOT, the
first two numbers are the week of the year, the last two are the last
two digits of the year of manufacture.

So if your tires say 3473, meaning the 34th week of 1973, then they are
original.

Your tires are a nasty and expensive mess waiting to spoil a nice trip,
if they are older than 5 years. UV light kills tires, normal use
exercises the tire and it pumps out the carbon to the edge to protect
the rubber.  Trailer tires don't get enough exercise.

When you do go get new tires, check those 4 digits to be sure you are
really getting new ones, not 3 or 4 year old tires the guy has had
hanging around.  And it is much better to take the trailer to them (
very slowly in your case, stopping to feel for hot tires) because the
fit can be critical. Also make sure you know where the jack point is and
make sure they use it.

Daisy