Re: [VAL] Re: Bent door...79 International

I have always been of the opinion that new Airstream designs would be 100%
better if the designers actually LIVED in the trailer for a month or two.

There are too many "features" that LOOK cool but are a pain in the butt when
actually living in the trailer.

Many of them are little, but they add up.

An example is in one of the new trailers we looked at at International this
year had a large round sink with a cover. Bravo for having a large sink.
Another bravo for having the cover because it expands counter space when the
sink isn't being used. However, what the heck do I do with the 20" or so
diameter cover when I DO want to use the sink?

Or the white fuzzy stuff on walls & ceilings... How the heck do you clean
that?

If a designer actually lived in a trailer, outside in a campground (at
least), for a while, he/she would discover items like this...

At least they seem to be getting the message on flooring - A lot of vinyl /
laminate floors and not much carpet.

Dave