[VAL] preventing door flying open?

re: how to prevent unexpected door openings on the freeway???

I agree with today's comment re: why on earth does Airstream persist with
suicide-style door hinges. It's surprising considering the price of new
Airstream AND the long-respected design reputation A/S has. Anyway enough of
that. The reality is ... how does the average vintage owner prevent their
rear-hinged (aka suicide) door from flying open unexpectedly? Bungee? Extra
padlocks? This is a serious concern especially as our trailers get older,
the parts get more tired AND scarce (and the freeways get busier). Looking
fwd to your input. Marg 71 Safari