Re: [VAL] Question about wheels from an airstream newbie

Erik,

If I were you I would do as previously suggested. Most of the larger
Airstreams seem to use ST225/75R15 tires. I highly suggest using the ST
tires as they were made for trailers. I also highly suggest load range D's.
They are only a couple of bucks more than the C's and one should be able to
handle the whole weight of the trailer if you have a blow out. If you can
find the correct new tires in stock, buy them and take them with you. Get
the trailer, take it to the nearest tire place and have them mount your new
tires on the old rims and repack the bearings while they are at it. Job done
and you will not have to worry about it for several years. If you insist on
a junk yard tire you will need to settle for a light truck tire, I do not
know the equivalent size but suspect it to be 7.00x15.

Scott