Re: [VAL] The Silver Albaltross

      This is Mrs. Dan-- I enjoyed the pictures and congratulate you
on what was obviously a labor of love to impress your lady love.  I
hope that you have someone that can videotape you telling the story
when you are able.
      My great grandmother's story from Hocking County, OH. to Douglas
County, IL. is on tape at a Junior college and the transcript is dear
to me.  I would never have known how they met and that he only bought
a car in @1912  after he met her, because SHE liked to drive.  He
would sit on a fender with a light so she could drive through the
field to her parents' house because she did not yet have a driver's
license--a fine southern gentleman from Berea, KY.  Ironically our
Caravel came from KY. and a couple named McGuire had owned it.  I am
now looking for McGuire relatives which was his mother's side.
      In any case, we took pictures of the retired Air Force couple
that we adopted the "Silver Eagle" from and because the original
McGuire owners were a pastor and his wife, I think of the Old
Testament verse that says in Isaiah 40 verse 31 "But they that wait
upon the Lord shall renew [7] their strength; they shall mount up
with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
shall walk, and not faint.  (I don't find it easy to wait)
     Every vintage airstream needs a little family background to pass
on with pictures, a motto-- and a wiring diagram to make sure that
you always have a light!