Re: [VAL] Horsepower needed to pull 1957 Caravanner

It's much more than just horsepower...the best thing to do is to look at
what Mercedes says the car will pull. Try the owner's manual or try
Mercedes. Then remember, that was when the car was brand new and in top
condition. With american vehicles the towing rating varies dramatically
within the same model due to optional equipment. It pays to do your
homework.

That said, you do have a relatively light and short trailer. You might wish
to look around for hitches. If no one carries a hitch for that car rated for
more than 1000# then you have your answer.

Scott