Re: [VAL] Camping in WY and CO

Ed,

I do recommend seeing Carhenge. I think that you guys would get a kick out
of it. The only camping in Alliance that I know of is one of the hotels in
town has a RV camping area adjacent to it. It does offer 3 point hookups
(maybe cable too) as well as the hotel's indoor pool. Sorry I don't remember
the name, but they are on route 2 on the east side of town...all my camping
resources are either still packed from the move...or were thrown away before
the move. Beware, this is in the arid part of NE. The first time we visited
it was 105+ with wind to boot.

The last time we passed through there we ate dinner in the Carhenge parking
area then took a pleasant stroll thru the cars. I opted not to stay in town
but continue east along Rt 2 hoping to find a city park. That was a mistake.
After dark we finally did find a motel/mobile home park that had a site or
two where a mobile home used to sit.

If you are planning on heading East on Rt 2 from Alliance you may wish to
overnight at the Nebraska National Forest in Thedford/Halsey. We stayed
there one stormy night and were thankful for the trees.

We will have to rush home from the rally as Lise must be back to work on Aug
1st, however we will have a few days before the rally. I'm thinking that we
will spend the time in the CO mountains.

Does anyone know of a nice quite place to camp in central/northern CO?  RM
Nat'l Park is a favorite, but there has got to be other nice areas to stay.
Boondocking is an option.

Scott