Re: [VAL] Airstream production numbers

> Does anyone know the approximate number of Airstreams produced over the
> years?
> Scott

Scott,
I heard somewhere that total Airstream production since day one was
somewhere around 100,000, including motorhomes. I'm not sure if Argosy's
were included in that number. The 60% number is based on some convoluted
formula cooked up by someone in the marketing department, which from what
I've heard has very little basis on fact. I can tell you that I currently
own ten Airstreams & only one is roadworthy & in use. Yes, they all arrived
at my shop on their own wheels but they are deffinately not "campable". I
also have about 20+ client trailers on my lot that haven't seen use in at
least 20 years. Many of these clients own more than one trailer & several
are almost as sick as me. You can draw your own conclusions as to how many
are actually on the road & in use.
Colin
WBCCI, VAC 1936
GSM Vehicles Inc.