Re: [VAL] running pex from stem to stern

>  In the course of buying the tubing, I was
> introduced to Cash Acme
> Sharkbite fittings.

Glyn,
Thanks for the info. I have checked into the Sharkbite
fittings and they look really good. The only problem I
have is a result of the "big boxing of America." Here
in the TX panhandle the only hardware type stores left
are basically big box. Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart,
etc. Even the local RV places keep really limited
inventory. If one doesn't have  the item then none of
them do. Seems like they all order from the same list.
I looked on the internet and the sharkbite fittings
are available. Unfortunately my approach to things
mechanical is "buy some parts. see if it works. buy
some more parts." I am using "Qest" connections and
they seems to work well and most configurations are
available here. I have the new drain valves, pump
connections and the various stop valves worked out. I
will have a go at running the long lines in a couple
of days. I unrolled the pex in the trailer and with
the accumulation of heat, etc. it should lose some of
its coiling tendency.
thanks, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'