[VAL] Air Conditioner question

Since we are talking about air conditioners, I have
noted that the rear fins on the ac unit on the roof
are smashed flat. I got one of the "comb" things, as
was suggested, but it won't even start to fit between
the fins. Some are actually knocked "plumb out," as we
say in these parts :-) Anyone know if the (condenser
unit?) can be replaced, and would it be worth the
expense. Seems like everywhere I camp it is either
really hot or really cold. I have a good furnace but
the AC unit is suffering. BTW its not a very old unit.
Hail storm got it before I did.
thanks, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'