Re: [VAL] Air Conditioner question

    Bill,

    I've faced that same situation on a room AC unit that was in a window
exposed to foot traffic.  By taking your time you can carefully straighten
each aluminum fin enough to accept that comb.  Like I said, it takes a bit
of time but can restore normal function to a unit that in its present state
is severely compromised, thus avoiding time and cost replacement.

    Go for it,

    Glyn Judson, 1969 Caravel, #508, Santa Monica CA