Re: [VAL] Capetown to Cairo Anniversary Rally

> I don't know how many of you have heard but the WBCCI has just decided
> not to have the 50th Anniversary Capetown to Cairo Rally as an official
> WBCCI rally.

It seems that every organization these days is having to look carefully
at liability and insurance protection.  A couple of old car clubs I
belong to have had to pull back from offering certain activities due to
the high cost of insurance.  Also, a tractor club I belong to is under
pressure to restrict its activities due to insurance costs.

I understand that people deserve some protection against accidents,
carelessness and neglect, but we have become a society that refuses to
accept any responsibility for our own actions.  The result is that the
first thing we look for after an accident is - who do we present with a
lawsuit?

When will fun become prohibitively expensive?

Dick & Rose Ann Harold
Noblesville, Indiana
1972 Airstream Trade Wind
WBCCI #8551