[VAL] Capetown to Cairo Anniversary Rally

I don't know how many of you have heard but the WBCCI has just decided
not to have the 50th Anniversary Capetown to Cairo Rally as an official
WBCCI rally.

This decision was made by the Executive Committee of the IBT on March
31, 2007.  The reason is as follows:

The decision has been difficult for the EC and many pros and cons have
been internally discussed.  A sincere effort was made to make it
possible, however, unknown liability and provisions for obtaining
adequate insurance were the primary causes for disapproval.  The EC
believes strongly that provisions of the OHIO law governing our
corporation (WBCCI) do not allow us the option of placing the Club in
potential jeopardy from unknown litigation from participants

and heirs of the caravan.  Waivers and releases are not sufficiently
sound to fully protect the organization and this must be our primary
consideration

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC #5223
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon