[VAL] Winter Camping

> Speaking of winter camping and propane furnaces, has anyone figured
> out a good way to circulate the air from their propane furnace?  It
> always seems to be about  20 degrees cooler at the top ( and in the
> top bunk) than at the bottom.  And it always seems to be either to
> hot or too cold.
>
> Karen in CO

------------------

Hi Karen,

Here's part of an old post of mine where I described what worked for
us. Maybe it could work for you.

Terry

------------------

You may recall when we had the '87 32' Airstream, I bought the big
15,000 ceramic heater (with 3 settings) and installed a muffin fan at
one corner to improve distribution of warmed air.  That was an
awesome combination.

In our previous '77 31' Airstream, I didn't put the catalytic heater
on a hinge twenty years ago (dumb move). But I did install a 12 volt
oscillating fan (somewhat smart move). The smartest move was in
choosing an Airstream with thermopane windows throughout.

The recommended fresh air opening for a catalytic heater is one
square foot. That translates into an opening one inch wide by 12
inches long. Crack two roof vents or windows and that'll more than do
the trick.