[VAL] Re: Door locks

I was wondering if a Bargman L300 couldn't be modified with simply a
longer door bolt. I would imagine one could get a machine shop to
fabricate a proper size bolt to fit.  The L300 (I think I have the right
model) is near like what I have on my 1970 International.  The original
lock is not in great shape and about worn out and has a chip off the
outside plate.  The Bargmans are avialable locally for around $60, a bit
larger plate area, and of course the bolt is too short.

Thoughts? Anyone?

Russ Wojtkiewicz
Kansas City
1970 International Land Yacht