[VAL] Door lock comment 68 Tradewind

Just had to respond to this email. I have a 68 that the original lock worked
ok on but not great. I've kept it WD-40'd and it's been acceptable until
last night. The mechanism broke inside locking the door while the lock
itself was not locked. I can say from experience, they don't make locks like
this anymore. After 4 hours of using grinders, drilling out most of the old
lock, and everything else we could think of to gain entry, we finally
punched out the door hinge pin. That lock was just frozen solid in the
locked position and it happened with no warning. I'd recommend a
preventative door lock replacement before you need it. :-) Thank goodness
this happened in the barn and not out camping in a rain storm. :-)
Jim - Denver, 68 Tradewind