Re: [VAL] Zolatone removal

> my 57 has been painted with housepaint on the interior.  The Zolotone is
> underneath. In the front and back section I wanted to take it to the
> aluminum like I seen done before.
>
> I have tried  the entire range of chemical removers (I think). They just
> make it upset.
> Thanks,
> Marc

Hi Marc,
We need to remove house paint jobs in Airstream's quite often. If your
trailer is gutted, try a pressure washer. This process works quite well for
us. Also, the strongest paint stripper we've found is "Aircraft Stripper"
which we buy through our local Auto Body paint supplier. If you want to
remove the house paint & leave the original Zolatone, try Hydrostrip 502
made by ICI (also called "Napier" stripper available through
www.vintagetrailersupply.com ) It also removes exterior clearcoat really
well.
Have fun,
Colin Hyde