Re: [VAL] Polishing (again) but new. Really!

Actually after many tries, I have concluded polishing is counter intutive.

RULE 1: SLOWER is better and LESS POLISH is better!
Too much polish or having the polisher turning too fast will result in
slippage and will prevent the polish from working effectively.  I think
extra polish acts as a lubricant.
Try turning your polisher down to 500-100 rpms and use fingerprints of
polish on 4 in intervals. I bet it will work better. When it works right
the polisher will almost  throw you across the room and you will get
bright AL in just a few seconds.

Also remember RULE 2: Start with a mid grade polish rather than the
coarsest, cause you are going to have to remove the scratches later. The
less you put in now the quicker you will get thru.

Herb