Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #438

Jim,
I can't remember, late 60's. I think Tom told me the year, or I figured it
out thru Juergen. There were not many year choices for a Streamline 31'
Tandem Axle rear bath Imperial Count. It has the Gold Anodized pair of sewer
hose service tube holder covers. I probably will give these to Tom for his
Duchess. All the Gold anodized side, lower, and front trim panels should be
saved. Most of the skin is undamaged and should be saved and stacked I
suppose. The window glass is all ruined by heat bubbles between the safety
sheets, but they work and I would hate to just scrap. I don't know what the
steel frame and completely undamaged floor would be useful for once cleared
to a flat deck. I still have not gotten over the fire. I need to take
pictures of the smooth aluminum window storm covers and maybe give those to
Robert or was it Bill that was fending off some sick vandal.

I'm not getting to anything with the care of my mom. Faint thoughts of
doable to save the heavily damaged coach are fading fast as the intensive
health care fight against cancer is getting slow but positive gain. We are
hoping to get to a point of another surgery, but chemo and the strain is
making my interests in a 17 vintage collection farther away in my thoughts.
I still have to pick up the three in GA, TX, and OK. Have a short window I
could go, now to 3/1 and 3/1 to 3/20, but no one has come around for a long
time now or is even available to feed the doggies. Of course Lubbock and
Midwest City OK are still too snowed in to go now, but Ga is clear and it's
not but 900 miles. I could play Astronut and wear a diaper! Maybe stop and
see you in my industrial strength gov diaper.

The teak was truly beautiful and had a sort of inlay router design in all
the facings. I was amazed at how extraordinarily durable the Streamline all
aluminum interior wall and cabinetry build-out and the teak fronts were in
the intense fire. Severe warpage, paint burned off to bright aluminum, yet
it's all there. The teak burned in leaf-like sheet layers, the huge
long-door framing structures charred like oak logs in a long fire, yet it's
all there and pattern-use whole. I could do it, but gee the work would be so
massive. To un-rivit the entire coach, clean, perfection straighten, rewire,
reinsulate, and reassemble is just too much I am slowly realizing. Maybe if
I was younger.....

A 20+ year goal to get a Streamline, I am just inclined to keep hoping that
one day I will come across another Streamline. This one really is "A
toaster". Hind-sight is painfully 20/20. Thanks.

Hey Jim, remember when I went to Key Largo and got the trailer? You were
gone and I fought off your alligator that was helping me in the rain while
changing the flat on the Tamy-Amy 41? Well, I'm the daddy, uh (1.2billion)
please refresh your memory about how that girl I was with sure did resemble
dear old Anna and we seemed in lust or was it luv?. Just thought I'd get in
tha "who's yer daddy" line. I'm the J Howard without the money.

You never did tell us how that new axle change-out towed.

-Eddie-  Houston