[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #434

What's it worth?

I have a 25' 1976 Trade Wind. Exterior is not restored (shined,etc.), but
except for one stern dent, is fine. Canopy practically brand new. Interior
has been stripped of all old ugly, dry rotted upholstery, and is ready to be
refitted to someone's taste. I've saved all the old materials in case
someone wants to use them for patterns. The windows are crystal clear with
no fogging.

Interior layout: Original sofa-bed in rear and one single bed mid-ships with
a bank of storage on the other side. Interior is "paneled" with "faux" wood.
Only a few wrinkles.

All mechanicals inside and out have just been gone over (cleaned, replaced,
tweeked, adjusted, greased, etc.) meticulously by a professional mechanic,
who himself owns a 70's vintage Airstream. We replaced 80 percent of the
plumbing, and everything is in fine working order. The tanks have been
upgraded and it's ready to roll! Tires are good for local hauling, but not
for a big trip. There are two leaks, which we haven't been able to locate
the source of yet, because the trailer has been stored inside in a garage
for most of this year. We're working on them now, and intend to fix them.

I can/have/will check all the value charts on line, but I'd like to hear
from the peanut gallery who are buying and selling these things all day long
and have an idea of value what you think I might realistically expect to get
for in a mid-Atlantic market.

Thanks! Wendy