[VAL] F150 Tow

Hi folks, good responses to the F150 questions. But in my opinion the best
advice given here is: BUY AT LEAST A 3/4 TON TRUCK IF YOU ARE GOING TO TOW A
CAMPER. PERIOD. Our '96 V-8 Explorer is tow rated at 6500lbs. Our '66 GT,
which probably weighs about 3500lbs loaded, stresses the Explorer to the
point it gets 10mpg pulling it. It pulls it fine, not dangerous or anything.
I haven't check it yet, but judging by how my Powerstroke F350 pulls the GT
I suspect it will get about 14mpg (16mpg empty). No savings here, By the
way, if you are looking at a used 1/2 ton truck with a trailer brake unit or
God forbid a hole where a gooseneck or 5th wheel hitch resided in the bed,
run the other way.

Mark Pate
Stanley,NC