Re: [VAL] The Ford Airstream crossover - it's hideous!

I began driving trucks with a '45 Dodge ton and a half flat bed.  The
best gas mileage of them all was a = ton '47 Studebaker pickup.  The
next best gas mileage was a '51 Dodge > ton pickup, but it lacked
power.  I liked driving the '53 Chevrolet = ton pickup, but the best
overall performance, when it came to operating dollars spent per mile,
went to Ford.  Probably my all time favorite was a '56 = ton Ford
pickup.

I drive a '97 Ford today and find it satisfactory.  I've pulled 7,000
lbs from the west coast to Ohio using it as well as pulling our '72
Trade Wind around the Midwest.  In all these years I've never owned an
eight cylinder truck of any kind.  Never thought of it before -
interesting.

Dick & Rose Ann Harold
Noblesville, Indiana
1972 Airstream Trade Wind