RE: [VAL] The Ford Airstream crossover - it's hideous!

Last year Airstream (Thor) introduced the Basecamp and now the big MH
built by another company.  They are interested in profit for their
shareholders, and rightful so.  The quote below, clipped from the
Airstream web site, clearly states their interest in the future.  They
will sell Airstream Ipods if there is profit in it.

I'm a vintage owned and not a shareholder, so I don't have much interest
in Airstream's future.  I can't influence it.  We can't either.  I am
more interested in the direction of WBCCI and VAC.  We can influence it.
This is a good time to speak to that future. Airstream will take care of
its own.

Jim

"Q. What are some of the benefits for Airstream?
A. It allows us to challenge the conventional thinking about what an
Airstream really is. It's also a great way to push the design envelope,
an approach that has been very successful for us in recent years. In
addition, The Ford Airstream Concept Vehicle is another way to let
people know that, in this our 76 th year, we continue to drive
innovation and expand our thinking about the Airstream product and
experience."