Re: [VAL] TV on PC from Internet Connection - anyone using this?

At the risk of receiving hate mail, I am an electronic junkie and am
proud of all the electronic upgrades we have integrated into our
renovation on a 68 24' Tradewind, including a Denon AV300 surround sound
system, that includes an iPod controller that connects to a HD LCD
screen. Movies at moderate volume even with the subwoofer, barely allow
sound outsound the trailer. We often sit inside the trailer to watch
movies if it's parked at home, instead of in the home theater. The inside
of the trailer with it's curves provides a wonderful intimate experience
for watching movies. Not that we are couch potatos by any means. That's
what's great about Airsteams. They allow each owner to add their own
touches for their own version of home away from home. :-) Jim - Denver

  > I hauled a TV for years. Never dug it out of the drawer. Its in the barn
  > now.

  (His response to:

  >> I'm just wondering if many others avoid the electronics trinkets
  of today?)

  This has been one of the most interesting threads on one of the most
  interesting lists. Listees may be
  interested in an article in the latest "Highways" magazine (Good Sams
  Club)
  discussing how laptops can
  substitute for a host of other equipment, TV included.

  Personal experience: we've never carried a TV in our coach -- only
  laptops.
  Especially in recent years
  since WI-FI has become nearly universal we have found no need for
  alternative
  services -- including
  satellite radio and TV. But -- different strokes for different folks.

  And while we are at it, a belated Happy Hanukkah and a Merrry
  Christmas to
  everyone on this list!

  -- Lew #4239

  '72 Safari