[VAL] RE: Trivia stumper (to me at least)

Prior to 1965, the numbers for each serial number (model line) were serial
(3000,3001... or N001,N002...)  Even that varied to some degree - the early
years they rolled over to the next year, the later years (1958+) they would
start over each year, but then some years (and by factory), they did not!

1965 and later they were sequence numbers, and were scattered across all the
model serial numbers by factory.  001 might have been a Tradewind, 002 a
Sovereign, 003 a Caravel, etc.. Of course then there is the 5NN numbers for
double bed layouts for a couple of years.

The serial aspect makes it easier to determine production numbers for the early
years.

The only to male sense of all this is on a year by year, factory by factory,
model by model case...

RJ